1 – Patient Obligations
As a patient/ user of this service you agree that:
- You are not impersonating any other person and are using your actual identity
- The personal information provided during the registration process is true, accurate, current and complete
- You also agree that you will be solely responsible for any advise given to you by the doctor through the video consultation. You hereby release and hold harmless MP Shah Hospital from any and all claims and causes of action arising out of or resulting from any advise not adhered to
- This telemedicine platform is only a tool to allow patients to access medical advise given by a doctor at the MP Shah Hospital
- All engagement between you and the hospital are governed by these patient obligations
- As a user of the telemedicine service provided by the MP Shah Hospital you agree to receive essential information and advise in the form of an email or phone call. Thus you agree to be available on these platforms at all times
- You shall not use any advise or information from the telemedicine consultation with the doctor for any purposes other than managing your personal health or that of your immediate family members (with due authorization) and/or to engage with healthcare providers of MP Shah Hospital
- You are expected to avail yourself immediately for any appropriate medical attention in any medical emergency or critical care situation and not attempt to use the telemedicine platform as a substitute for such conditions. The telemedicine service is only meant to for a professional medical consultation and advise
- Being an online application, there might be unforeseeable network and infrastructure issues in which case the application will not be available until the issue is rectified. Under such circumstances please directly contact MP Shah Hospital in person for any services you may need. MP Shah Hospital is not liable for any periods of non-availability of this application
- MP Shah Hospital will make all possible efforts to provide you the best healthcare services. However, MP Shah Hospital shall not incur any liability and shall declare any service guarantee void in the event the user is in breach of any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement
- Both parties are at liberty to terminate this agreement. This will not terminate nor impact any other consultations or patient relationship that you have with the MP Shah Hospital.
2 – Patient Medical Record
- All your personal health data and usage data is owned by MP Shah Hospital irrespective of the access you may or may not have to it. Your usage and access to your data is defined by MP Shah Hospital
- The personal health information you provide to the hospital is entered into your medical record on our hospital management system on your behalf and is your responsibility to ensure that information provided is accurate and complete
3 – Medical Advise
Please note that you are required to visit the MP Shah hospital, or any other hospital, as and when advised by the doctor through the telemedicine system.
- If the advise provided by the doctor through the telemedicine is substantially different from your current treatment and prescribed medication, it is your duty to inform the doctor on the telemedicine consultation before implementing the advise
- The health information, vital sign readings, dates, timings and notes logged in by you or on your behalf should be accurate
- As a patient of the telemedicine consultation, you are required to inform the doctor of all current and previous illnesses, health conditions, surgeries, consultations and medications with any other healthcare providers
- For self-monitored readings, it is the patient’s responsibility to use devices of proper quality and to ensure that they are re-calibrated when required
- The MP Shah Hospital will provide qualified healthcare professionals for the telemedicine consultation
- Not following the instructions of the doctors will be considered as non-compliance of the agreement and the agreement will be terminated
- The healthcare team will provide advise based on the vitals provided by you. You are thus advised to provide these vitals accurately
- MP Shah Hospital will not assume any legal responsibility for the patient’s medical condition and this telemedicine consultation only intends to aid in understanding the condition better based on the information given and is not meant to replace an in-person consultation
- The online system is expected to enhance, not replace clinic visits. It is your responsibility to schedule follow-up appointments as indicated by your doctor
- The patient is free to discontinue using this service at any time, with the knowledge of MP Shah Hospital
- The MP Shah Hospital does not attend to Emergencies through this application. Under these circumstances, the patient has to contact the nearest hospital immediately
- The patient data will be kept confidential by MP Shah Hospital and will not be disclosed to anyone under normal circumstances except as requested by law or in an emergency situation when requested by another healthcare provider.
4 – Video Consultations
- Telemedicine Appointment Timing: While the patient may specify the preferred appointment timing for a telemedicine consultation, the MP Shah Hospital reserves the right to schedule the appointment for an alternative timing. If this timing is not convenient, the user can request that it be rescheduled or refunded their payment. Due to unpredictable medical emergencies, it may be that the healthcare provider is sometimes unable to attend to the video consultation exactly at the appointed time. In such cases the session might be rescheduled to a later time in consultation with the patient
- Telemedicine Duration: By default the average duration of a telemedicine consultation will be the duration decided by the MP Shah Hospital. It reserves the right to decide when the consultation ends. If the MP Shah Hospital has to be conclude the telemedicine consultation mid-way due to a medical emergency, then a new session at an alternative timing will be scheduled
- Telemedicine Quality: The quality of the telemedicine session depends on the quality of the Internet connection, web cam and audio facilities of both the patient and the MP Shah Hospital. It is the responsibility of the patient to ensure that the performance and quality of the equipment and connection used, are optimal for doing the telemedicine session online
- Video Session Privacy, Security & Etiquette: It is required that the patient prepares ahead of time to participate in the Video Consultation, in a quiet and private place, where only the patient is present in the room where the video session is being held. For elderly or disabled patients who require help to participate in the video, a caregiver may be present. There must be no audio/video recording of the video session by the patient. It is necessary that the patient (and any caregiver) act with proper decorum in speech and action during the video consultation. Failure to comply with these requirements can result in termination of the video session with no refund or rescheduling of the consultation
- Nature of Consultation: Video Consultations must not be scheduled for patients with critical medical conditions and/or for emergencies. Such consultations are suitable only for basic follow-ups between the patient and healthcare provider and/or preliminary consultation before meeting the healthcare provider in person.
5 – Text or Question Based Consultations
- Every attempt will be made to provide responses to your questions within the stipulated response time. However do not under any circumstances, delay seeking direct medical attention from your healthcare provider or nearest hospital
- Asking medical questions to a healthcare provider, whom you have not been consulting directly, does not necessarily result in establishing a doctor-patient relationship. Any response from the healthcare provider only constitutes helpful information which must be verified with your own doctor
- Do not change any medication, treatment regimen or other healthcare measures without confirmation from your own healthcare provider. Any advice or information in responses to your questions/text consultations to healthcare providers of MP Shah Hospital, do not qualify as a medical prescription, diagnosis or treatment plan
- In the case of any emergency, always contact your own healthcare provider and go to the nearest hospital or healthcare provider
- MP Shah Hospital is not liable for any healthcare issues related to the questions raised. Information provided at the time of asking a question must be accurate and complete. This is only to ensure that the response provided is helpful to the patient and does not involve a liability on part of MP Shah Hospital
- Response time for a question is indicative of only the initial response to the question and does not include the time for responding to follow-up notes. Each follow-up should be expected to require the same response time as the initial question
- Payments for this service are covered by the payment terms for services through the patient portal and mobile application.
6 – Payments
All consultation fees for services through the mobile and web application interfaces of MP Shah Hospital have to be paid as per the terms of the service that you use. Offline payment collection for some of these services is supported too. Please contact MP Shah Hospital about this during your next in-person visit.
- In course of time, MP Shah Hospital may introduce other services in the system, the charges for which will be communicated to you as and when such services are introduced
- The healthcare provider reserves the right to revise the consultation and service charges at any time, at the sole discretion of the healthcare provider. The charge applicable at any given time, will be the charge displayed at the time of using the service
- Payments made for any remote monitoring plans will not be refunded should you decide to discontinue.
Data in this application of MP Shah Hospital can be created by your healthcare providers at MP Shah Hospital and by yourself (the patient) after logging into the application with your authorized user account. Information that is collected as you use our web patient portal and mobile application includes the following:
- Personal information: Personal information includes name and email address that you provide at signup. It also includes phone number, address and other personally identifiable information that you may choose to add to your user account profile. No payment method information is stored by this application
- Personal Health Information: Personal health information about patients users, that patient users themselves or authorized employees of MP Shah Hospital enter into the Personal Health Record of a patient, including age, gender, known health conditions, medications, allergies, vaccinations, history of surgeries or procedures, goals, health journal entries and data that you enter into your health trackers either manually or by syncing with a health monitoring device or from a third party source that you alone authorize. It also includes medical reports and files that you choose to upload into your health profile
8 – Use of Information
The personal and health information added through this application, through use of its services by patients and healthcare providers of MP Shah Hospital will not be shared, disclosed or displayed to anyone other than authorized employees of MP Shah Hospital. They will be able to update personal health information of their own patients by updated the patient health profile, uploading medical reports, adding review notes, health goals, monitoring feedback relevant as part of the consultation services used by the patients.
MP Shah Hospital is fully authorized to terminate patient user accounts at any time and such patients will no longer have further access to their personal health information stored in the application storage in event of that happening. Whether or not to share that information with the patient user before termination of the patient user account is the prerogative of MP Shah Hospital.
Contact Information: The services platform will send you communications (email and other notifications), as per your notification settings, as part of essential functioning of services that you may avail, such as appointment booking information, alerts related to reviews and consultations by your healthcare providers.
At time of registration you will be required to verify your email address. Your contact information may also be used for customer support services, should you choose to avail of them. In addition, we may use your contact information to provide you with information about our services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please change applicable notification settings in your account. Your contact information is not shared with any third-party.
Anonymized data: MP Shah Hospital may analyze anonymized and aggregated collected through the services, for purposes of evaluating healthcare outcomes, healthcare requirement patterns and to measure the effectiveness of services and content. Such anonymized and aggregated information is not considered as personal information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information. You are responsible for all activities that occur in your account and you agree to notify MP Shah Hospital immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. MP Shah Hospital is in no way responsible for any loss that you may incur as a result of any unauthorized use of your user account and password.
9 – Disclosure of Information
We may disclose any information to government or law enforcement officials if we believe doing so is required to comply with law enforcement and legal process; to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity; to protect your, our or others rights and safety.
We may disclose your personal information on your own request accompanied by your permission.
10 – Transmission and Storage Security
All data is stored only in the servers of our technology vendor on the highly secure Amazon Web Service platform (which is compliant with HIPAA regulations). Necessary measures in providing secure transmission of personal health information before it is transferred across the Internet from your personal computer or devices are ensured. However, you should be aware of possible risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet as no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and of risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of personal information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
11 – Restriction on the basis of age
All users of the patient portal and mobile app of MP Shah Hospital are expected to be above 18 years of age. Parents, caregivers/guardians and healthcare providers are allowed to provide and store personal information about others, including minors and children. Any user providing, storing or submitting information on behalf of a child/person under guardianship assumes full responsibility over the submission, use, and transmission of such information.
12 – Changes to this Policy
The above mentioned terms are applicable as long as you are a registered patient of MP Shah Hospital using MP Shah Hospital’s web patient portal and mobile application.
Acceptance of Terms
I have read and accepted the terms of MP Shah Hospital’s Virtual Practice. Get connected with a doctor online.